Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Free NSM with network map | The dude alternative

Hi.

I'm desperately looking for The Dude alternative. For now we have two major problems:

- Does not perform well with 1000+ devices, some graphs randomly stop from being shown, sometimes can't read the available interfaces on the device.

- Does not have 64bits counters, which makes it really hard to read 1Gbps + trafic.

Basically, what I need is an NMS system to monitor network devices using SNMPv2, the NMS MUST have the capability of drawing maps like The Dude does. We need trafic, cpu, latency, memory, and other graphs which can be obtained via SNMP. We also need notifications (preferable via Telegram bot). The NMS MUST be able to work with large amount of devices.

I've been looking at Prometheus, but I could not find a way to draw maps, and seems to be more an alternative to Icinga. Icinga also can't draw network maps. I don't need any server monitoring as we are using Icinga to achieve that and we are really happy with it.

I've also checked Observium and LibreNMS, I could not find maps there neither, I found a plugin called Weathermap, but it is not as good as I wish it could be.

For now, I'm considering NetXMS, and Zabbix. I would like to hear some reviews about them, specially, about NetXMS.

Regards.



No comments:

Post a Comment