Friday, May 8, 2020

Forwarding RADIUS Accounting to Content Filter

I'm just going to cut to the chase. I have a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter edition that is refusing to forward RADIUS accounting packets to a content filter so that the content filter can know who is logged into the wireless and apply their correct filtering policies.

I have gone through and added the Content filter in NPS as a Remote RADIUS Server Group and then added that remote RADIUS server group to the Accounting setting for the Wireless Connection Request Policy for the wireless connections.

I've fired up Wireshark and there is zero traffic going in or out of port 1813 (RADIUS Accounting). Can anyone think of any reason why my server is refusing to forward RADIUS accounting to my content filter? I have verified that no packets are going across to my content filter another way by running a tcpdump on the content filter and it isn't picking up any packets through port 1813 either.



No comments:

Post a Comment