Saturday, May 30, 2020

ERSPAN to VVMware ESXi VM

Hello,

I have a project to migrate our ESPAN sessions from a physical server over to a VMware virtual machine.

Currently we have remote sites with Cisco ASR 1001x that we setup as the ERSPAN sources with their destination being our Cisco 4510 core switch back at our main branch. We have a physical server plugged into that core switch and have monitor sessions pointing to the port it's connected to, everything works fine.

I curious about the setup for the virtual machine. I only have access to the networking side, the ESXi hosts are managed by a different team. Does VMware support ERSPAN? Is there a certain version/feature/license required for it to work? Curious for my own knowledge on how this is setup on the ESXi side if it is supported, and to make sure I'm asking the ESXi team the right questions.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment