Friday, May 1, 2020

Double adapters for split inter/intranet access

So, I have a rather interesting problem, my internet will cut out due to some power issues (that issue being paranoid fears over how WiFi is bad, blah blah blah, so it gets turned off when not in use), so I've been running on mobile hotspot. The situation I have now is that I think I need a separate network for just LAN access, and wanted to see what your guys suggestion would be. The partial reason why I need a separate access is because one, I probably will run Parsec from a Windows desktop to a Linux laptop, and two, that windows desktop has no long-term display available temporarily (living situation, thus parseccing to access the windows system, and short term wise, I got a rather low Res projector as a gift, so using that as a temporary monitor, but those things are Hella loud.)

In the future, I plan on reassembling this entire network and instead have everything routed through a rpi with pihole(which will be a whole nother post here eventually if I can't figure it out, but I'll be damned as a networking student if I don't try) though hardwired ethernet, and a monitor for the desktop, but for now, are there any ideas on this? I had one idea where I pass over access to the default adapter on the desktop to a VM running pfsense under bridged access, and then another adapter as direct access to the wireless. So, wireless will have three adapters, one for the os itself and to share, one for the VM to share, and one for the VM to use for parseccing.



No comments:

Post a Comment