Tuesday, May 26, 2020

connecting 2 pc each with intel pro 1000 pt quad nic cards without a switch

Hi,

My 16port unmanaged dell switch has died.

I need help configuring my network settings for connecting 1 workstation with a quad port nic to another workstation with its own quad port nic (same exact cards on both machines)

I also need to have internet accessibility for both machines.

both machines have additional ethernet ports aside from the quad port nic.

I was experiencing greater network speeds this way before my switch died.

I had to then use a 4port unmanaged switch to connect both workstations with a single ethernet connection each, but this is slow and frustrating.

just looking to see if I can connect both workstations together and connect them back to an unmanaged switch for internet.

-- my topology

gateway > router > 8port unmanaged switch > 2nd 4 port unmanaged switch > both workstations

thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment