Friday, May 22, 2020

Clos fabric argument

I'm in argument with senior engineers at my work about how they want to build new network design. I've only been at this place for 3 weeks and they don't seem to trust me :(

Goal is to build new network for internal esxi setup. It is 33 racks and I suggest to build s standard 3 layer Clos, with two "zones" of 16 and 17 racks each

However they do not want to use "superspine" and would prefer to interconnect the zone spines.

I attach a simple diagram showing what they want.

https://imgur.com/a/sUhDi1p

TO me this is not the way to build Clos, I'd prefer to do superspine layer for interconnecting between zones. Please let me know if their design is OK or should i push harder? There is potential for more racks to be added in the future so growth is hard in their design



No comments:

Post a Comment