Friday, May 8, 2020

Cisco RPL - am I doing something wrong?

Not sure if this is the right sub.

I have a route in my ibgp table, for a clear example lets say 192.168.0.0/24. This route has a community applied to it on import elsewhere in the network and this route and community is visible on the router I am applying the below export policy:

if destination in (192.168.0.0/24) then
pass
elseif community matches-any community1 then
drop
else
drop
endif
end-policy

My understanding of RPL is that a pass ticket defeats an implicit drop unless a drop ticket is added later in the sequence. I would have expected this route to be dropped on export as it's associated with the aforementioned community, however it isn't. Do I need to specifically match on the prefix AND community in a single if statement?

Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment