Monday, May 25, 2020

Cisco firewall for fully redundant LAN to WAN to topology

Hi everyone,

1st time post for me, been reading networking sub for a while and love it.

Fairly new to networking in comparison to most of you on here so please be patient with me if i'm not using the correct terminology etc.

https://imgur.com/a/wnPKyys

I'm trying to scope the correct hardware to create the following LAN to WAN topology whilst using all Cisco equipment. Looking at about 600Mbps throughput and I'm trying to keep the price down as much as possible as all the pricing I've seen(not a Cisco partner too btw) has been insanely expensive, talking each FW being 15k+ for it to do what we want(Web filtering, IPS, AV etc). The protocols i would use would be either STP(if possible), LACP or Redundant Interfaces(my preferred protocol because it seems like the easiest to use). I've done a fair bit of research and have found that i can't seem to find any ASA's under 20K that can do it(5525-X or 5516-X) and if they can the throughput is way too low, looked at the Firepower series and looked really promising but then came across a spec sheet that said they don't do STP, LACP or Redundant Interfaces. So I'm just wondering am i missing a range that would be able to do this within a reasonable budget? Am i using the wrong protocols to achieve the amount of redundancy i need? The model i would use for this topology from another vendor would be a Fortigate 60F.

Appreciate any feedback you may have.



No comments:

Post a Comment