Friday, May 29, 2020

Catalyst LanLITE and how to set up 1:1 public IP to VLANs? BVI maybe?

Hi all -- been trying to research something and coming up short and could use your help.

I use a Catalyst 2960X with LanLITE as my perimeter switch. Recently my network levelled up by adding an SBC, but the telcom folks and SBC maker are stuck and I'm not sure if I can do what they are asking.

They want me to take a new, second public IP block my ISP provided and split its IPs into individual VLANs that we can push out a single trunk port to the SBC. e.g.:

public-ip-1 = VLAN 210
public-ip-2 = VLAN 211
... and so on

Traditional subnetting wouldn't work because we'd consume too many IPs for broadcast/gateway.

Then I started googling. I find lots of details about Cisco IRB (integrated routing and bridging) but I don't think I have that available on Catalyst IOS LanLITE.

BVI is supported, I think? But would that work? I've never messed with BVIs before.

Thanks for any pointers or helpful links or explanations!



No comments:

Post a Comment