Saturday, May 2, 2020

Can this be done more elegantly? Forcing an app to use 1 network interface over the other

I have done it using a CMD line program called ForceBindIP, but I was wondering if there was a better way of doing something like this.

I have two internet connections are home, a 5g router and my main connection. The idea is I want program A to use my 5g routers connection via the wifi network adapter, and everything else just use the ethernet adapter to connect to the internet. This is so program A can keep running in the background doing whatever it wants with no negative affect on my main internet connection.

I thought something this simple would be easy to do in windows but I guess not. So yeah any better ways of doing this than using ForceBindIP?



No comments:

Post a Comment