Friday, May 15, 2020

Automated planned work impact tool for Service Provider

Hi!
I am thinking about building automated system for planned works impact on customers and network visualisation.
With that I mean if there is planned work I can select device or transmission and it gives me a list on which customers will be affected. I want to mention that we are not huge ISP so expended $$$ is of essence.

It would consist of two parts:
first - device discovery and device database and visualization (eNMS/LibreNMS)

second - service impact tool to which I have not found already so I have some ideas how to do that.
Like each customer link has unique ID which is configured on device and then some scripts would then extract that from device and give me output I need.

But before I jump to programming I want to ask community knowledge.
Maybe there is something open source already available for second part? Which would reduce overall time to implement this solution.



No comments:

Post a Comment