Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Arista port span question

Hopefully this is easy and I'm missing something obvious - I'm banging my head against trying to span/mirror/monitor a port on a 7150S, but for some reason Wireshark is showing only broadcast traffic for the port I'm interested in. I can swap to any other port on the system as the source and immediately traffic appears. Perhaps counter-intuitively, every port on the device is a trunk except for the one I want to capture - setting the access port as a source results in only broadcast traffic showing in wireshark.

Config on the source port is almost as simple as it can be. I don't know to what degree config on the destination port matters, but as I mentioned all traffic comes through fine if I use a different source. Promiscuous mode is checked in Wireshark. Multiple devices trying to capture produce the same result. What am I missing?



No comments:

Post a Comment