Friday, May 29, 2020

Advice Wanted for a Newbie

A friendly commentor on r/HomeLab sent me here, so here I am. (I'm in a bind as for whether this question suits r/HomeNetworking or here more and decided that given the gear I'm looking into is enterprise-grade decided here was the better option)

Over there I asked for recommendations regarding inexpensive networking hardware for to learn networking fundamentals on in addition to upgrading my network setup from my ISP. Now I want to learn the fundamentals to take the CCNA, my plan was to purchase some cisco switches in the future and use them in tandem with GNS3 and use Packet Tracer in the meanwhile. And the equipment I was looking into was the Ubiquiti USG, Switch, and AP. Do you guys have any recommendations, pointers or general tips for me? And hell, why don't I ask here too? Do you guys have any hardware recommendations? (Or maybe some hardware I should avoid at all cost?)

Thanks in Advance



No comments:

Post a Comment