Friday, April 10, 2020

Wake On LAN behind cascading access points

I'm trying to set up Wake On LAN for a work computer. The computer is connected to an access point which is then connected to router.

I have binded the MAC address of the computer in the router's ARP table and also set a static IP for it in the DHCP listing. I have forwarded port 9. I have changed the BIOS settings to allow wake on LAN from S5 state and have changed the appropriate Windows 10 settings about the network card too.

It still isn't working. Do I also have to change settings in the access point that the computer is connected to? It's just an access point (router with AP mode), so DHCP is of course turned off so I wouldn't know what to change.

It's not working when I do it from behind the LAN either.



No comments:

Post a Comment