Wednesday, April 22, 2020

vSAN Stretch Cluster + Mellanox

I’m going to put my cards on the table here. I’m a VM admin that’s a little out of his depth. My company is looking to implement a vSAN stretch cluster over two racks in our main factory. The partner has positioned two SN2010M and 4 vSAN nodes to go at each side of the factory. What I don’t understand is how to stretch the layer 2 network over these two racks? It can’t go via the core as it doesn’t support Jumbo Frames.

My plan is to create an MLAG for each of the two switches then run a cable (250m OM3) between the uplink ports of each set of switches removing the need for a Spine switch. My question is, How do I stretch the layer 2 network between these 4 switches?

FYI - the vm traffic will go straight into the core so thankfully there’s no need to worry about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment