Saturday, April 25, 2020

VPN tunnel is up, but it's not passing traffic.

This issue is driving me up the walls. I'm here to use the reddit hive mind to see if I can find a solution.

I have two ASAs. One in the US and one in Europe.

Tunnel is up. Both phase one and Phase 2.

1 IKE Peer: x.x.x.125 Type : L2L Role : responder Rekey : no State : MM_ACTIVE 

I also see SAs built. show crypto ipsec sa peer x.x.x.125 shows details for the SAs built.

The problem is that I can't ping across. Not just ping, any traffic. When I do a packet capture on the outside interface of both FWs, I see esp (proto-50) packets leaving US, hit, EU and leave EU but never get back to the US.

I can show you output of capture if you need it. What's strange is that this starts working randomly for like a day or so and then goes back down for a day or so.

Additional information is that the US ASA has several other tunnels that are working with no issues.

Has anyone had anything like this?

edit: one more thing. One packet out of like 100 gets through.

smokeping (from US) to a host on the other side of the tunnel. https://i.imgur.com/xV8II57.png

smokeping to the outside interface of the ASA is pure green.



No comments:

Post a Comment