Tuesday, April 14, 2020

VMs can't get to internet

Hello,

I'm new to networking so go easy on me, but I could use some help here.

I have a server running VMware ESXi on it. It's connected to a cisco switch which I believe I have configured properly to have the port it's connected to set as a trunk that allows all the other vlans on my network.

I have pfsense set up to handle DHCP, and I can see on the ESXi itself that it was able to pull an ip address from pfsense. However, my vlans can't get anything. In vmware I added a port group with the correct VLAN and set the NIC to the newly created interface but it wont get an ip.

The strange thing is that when I go into the DHCP leases in pfsense, it shows that it assigned the VMs I created their own leases! I thought maybe if I set them manually that would resolve the issue, but they are still unable to ping anything. What am I missing here?

The ESXi host itself does not have a vlan tag set, but the port it's plugged into has a native vlan of 600 set if that makes any difference at all. I feel like there's some important step I'm missing here....



No comments:

Post a Comment