Friday, April 10, 2020

Using QinQ on HPE 5710 switches

I need your help with a problem.

I'm trying to setup basic QinQ between a distribution-switch (DLS) and an access-switch (ALS) but it doesn't seem to work.

Between the two switches I use VLAN 10 as the management VLAN and both switches have an IP-address on the VLAN interface in the subnet 10.0.10.16 /28. Without QinQ they can both ping each other without any issues. I use VLAN 10 as MGMT and VLAN 1010 is supposed to be the outer vlan-tag.

The DSL is a HPE 5710 switch, and the ALS is a HPE 5130 switch.

Config DLS (port):

 port link-mode bridge description Link To ALS port link-type trunk undo port trunk permit vlan 1 port trunk permit vlan 10 1010 port trunk pvid vlan 1010 qinq enable qinq transparent-vlan 10 undo stp enable 

Config ALS (port):

 description Link To DLS port link-type trunk undo port trunk permit vlan 1 port trunk permit vlan 10 101 to 124 undo stp enable 

This should work right? Tho' as soon as I enable QinQ on the DLS, I lose connection with the ALS trough VLAN 10. I can't ping anymore. Do I have to enable QinQ globally in some way on the 5710?

I've tried this setup on several other switches including the last setup with two 5130's and it works just fine. There seems to be something with the 5710's that just doesn't work.. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

/Rob



No comments:

Post a Comment