Saturday, April 4, 2020

Thank you to all Network Engineers

I'm not sure if this is allowed but it doesn't seem to be against the rules. Please let me know if there is a more appropriate place to post this.

I want to say a big thank you to all the network engineers who are in every corner of the world, keeping our network infrastructure up and running. In these uncertain times, everyone is working online and I am sure network traffic is at its peak right now. No one can imagine what would happen if our networks were allowed to fail right now. I'm not a network engineer but I deal with some network tech and I know how hard it can be. So I raise a glass to all network engineers.

  • Thank you for working endless shifts to monitor the networks and minimising downtimes.
  • Thank you for working hard to manage the traffic loads and for increasing the bandwidths.
  • Thank you for re-routing global network traffic so everyone still has an optimal experience
  • Thank you for spinning up new servers and maintaining current servers for the increased loads.
  • Thank you for making text, voice, and video chats services available to everyone
  • Thank you to the people working at streaming platforms to manage the bandwidth needed for everyone to stream their favourite shows.
  • Thank you for answering our silly questions about why we can't connect to our network services.
  • Thank you to everyone who still takes the time to educate our next generation of network engineers even though you had a long day.
  • Thank you for keeping the networks running even though you might have the same personal fears and uncertainty as every one of us. And a sincere sorry to everyone who might have been hit more personally than the rest of us.

I know that I definitely missed out some groups of people, let me know and I will add to the list. I just want to let everyone know that you are appreciated. You may be working in the background but you are not forgotten.

Thank you to all network engineers. You keep the world running.



No comments:

Post a Comment