Tuesday, April 21, 2020

TCP ignore delayed packets due to RTO

TCP ignore delayed packets due to RTO

I am looking for a functionality in tcp for a situation and the explanation goes as follows.

Let us say there are 2 hosts H1 and H2.

H1 sends 20 packets P1 P2 ... P20 to H2 in 20 milliseconds but due to some issues in the medium P3 was dropped. Due to congestion H2 was not able to send timely acks and H1 waited till its timeout of 1 second to resend a segment containing P3 and once that new retransmitted packet containing P3 was received by H2 all old packets upto P20 were actually processes by H2.

The issue here is that H2 processes data delayed by 1 second due to inherent properties of tcp stack. I wish to not let this happen because 1 sec is just way too much of a delay for me and I want H2 to somehow ignore all packets from P3 to P20. Is there any way I can make this happen? Let us say I want to keep the connection alive as well. Is there any uncommon functionality in tcp that can let me do this?



No comments:

Post a Comment