Saturday, April 4, 2020

Struggling with BGP AS Path Access-Lists

I'm currently trying to influence inbound traffic from remote AS 3 to enter my AS 1 (1 eBGP router) via AS 4 which is currently directly connected to mine. Essentially, I want AS 4 to be used as a transit AS for AS 3 traffic inbound to my AS. Topology

The problem is that traffic from AS 3 is currently using AS 2 as a transit AS. I want to make AS 4 the transit AS instead of AS 2.

At the same time, I don't want to impact traffic originating in AS 2 from hopping across into my AS.

I'm currently considering the idea of using a route map to prepend my AS number of 1 onto AS Paths matching "2 1". This route map would then be sent out to my single eBGP peer in AS 2.

Am I doing this right? Nothing I try seems to alter traffic inbound from AS 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment