Wednesday, April 29, 2020

SSH to one public IP with multiple ports for access to multiple devices for configuration

Hey guys,

I have a high level understanding of SSH/Telnet, NAT/PAT, etc. however I have always worked on the presale aspect of the business and never configured this for production.

Now, the company I work for, we support service providers. We manage the deployment and configuration services for different kind of IT equipment. In this case, we provide customers access to multiple public IPs so that they can remotely log in to multiple firewalls for configuration before shipping them to the end user location. My question is, for example, instead of using 10 public IPs to configure 10 firewalls, can we use one public IP (for example 10.0.10.10) with multiple ports?

Ex: 10.0.10.10 port 12345 10.0.10.10 port 23456 10.0.10.10 port 34567 ... and so on

Sorry if this is a dumb question and I know how PAT works but I guess I’m just confused and need validation from hopefully someone out there that has done this in the past.

Also, again maybe another dumb question, but from the client en wouldn’t they only need to specify the IP and port number to connect?

Thanks and looking forward to getting burned here (hopefully not)



No comments:

Post a Comment