Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Specific IP on switch getting flooded

10.0.0.0/24 network. I recently installed a ESXi on two NUC’s, and the management NIC was set to 10.0.0.198 and 10.0.0.199. The two work fine on the router, however 10.0.0.198 seems to time out after being connected to the switch.

Switched ports, and swapped cables, changed flow control, restarted switch, but the issue persists. If I change the port or take it down I can momentarily ping it, but the latency builds doubling each time it is pinged until it is not reachable.

There is a blade switch connected to one port, but that port doesn’t have spanning-tree port fast enabled. I dumped config for the switch and internal firewall, but there were no static routes to the IP address.

There are other VLANS, outside of PVID 1, but they are on separate Subnets. I am about to just use another IP address, but I think it is weird that this single IP is having a problem only when on this switch.

Before I change the IP I am going to open up wireshark and see if I can view any traffic being broadcasted. If anyone has seen this before I am open to suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment