Thursday, April 23, 2020

SFP+ connection question

Hello fellow network engineers,

I do have a question about SFP+ which drives me a little crazy. My boss has bought two Huawei Oceanstor 5500v3 storage systems and one Huawei OceanStor SNS2124 fibre channel switch. The Huawei storage systems uses these FC adapters: Huawei 8.5G-850nm-0.15km-MM-SFP+ (PLRXPL-VC-SH4-HW) and the Huawei FC switch uses these FC adapters: Brocade 8G FC SWL 850nm SFP+.

Those two systems can connect en communicate with eachother but I would like to connect a Windows HOST to the Huawei Storage with Fibre Channel.

I have a Mellanox Connect-X2 card installed in my Windows HOST but that host cannot connect nor communicate with my Huawei Storage system or Huawei Switch. I have used both the FC adapters with the Mellanox Connect-X2 card but no result whatsoever. When I add another Mellanox-X2 card to my Windows HOST I can connect them to eachother without any problems.

Do I need other FC adapters for my Mellanox Connect-X2 cards or is there something else I'm missing?



No comments:

Post a Comment