Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Redoing network, subnetting vs vlans

I am planning out a network reconfiguration of one of our facilities. It is a large warehouse and I didn't properly plan ahead and used 3 class C networks which have quickly filled. I plan to move to a class A network broken up into internal ranges. Currently we have 3 physical interfaces used on our firewall for LAN, WLAN, and VOIP, each of which have a class C network assigned. We will be keeping the physical separation buy I want to separate each physical interface to have multiple /24 networks (DHCP, guest, Management, Servers, Printers, etc). I am unsure of the most effective way to go about this. I was considering VLANs but am not very familiar with implementing them. The other option was simply subnetting the Class A into smaller subnets for each interface and manually controlling the ranges. What would make the most sense while being fairly simple to implement?



No comments:

Post a Comment