Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Possible to start your own business as a Network Engineer?

Hi Reddit

I have been a Network Engineer for about 10 years, achieved my CCIE, worked for a few companies (ISP, Vendor Enterprise) and was hoping to look into starting my own business - Guess I have an entrepreneurial spirit and would like to be my own boss + would like having a career with the opportunity to scale. (more than one client)

What options are available out there for Network Engineers to do this? When I try and google Network Engineer Consultant (My City) I do not seem to find any businesses, what I do find is contract for larger companies / Project work. Is that the only option out there for us?

When I look at doing something that caters to small businesses, they seem to be MSP’s that are much more Microsoft / Sysadmin focused, from what I can see they all seem to keep their engineering staff in house.

I guess another way to ask this, does any company outsource Network Engineering services ?



No comments:

Post a Comment