Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Panasonic PBX to Zoiper

We have recently changed from a virtual PBX to a Panasonic with Premicells.

As we are constantly on the move, we opted to use the Panasonic Mobile Softphone app on our cellphones and each of us has an extension allocated.

The app unfortunately is untrustworthy to say the least. It keeps crashing or cutting calls during a conversation of 5 to 10 mins.

The provider first said it's a "connection problem" so we literally switched over to a better service/provider. The problem still persists.

Then they blamed the premicells, which we also fixed and "sorted". Again the issue persists..

Lastly, they changed all the PBX settings and, yeap, still the same issue.

The reviews on PlayStore are also really bad on the app, and I'd like to give the previous app we used (Zoiper) a try.

I'm not going to lie, the Phone Contacts integration is poor on the app (I have to scroll through 2,500 contacts to get to the right person) and overall delays and crashes are really taking a toll on my work.

I've asked them if we can set it up on zoiper but they dont know how..

So my question is if someone can tell me how to install the SIP Account on Zoiper.

The information I have is the following:

SIP username - this is my extension name Password SIP Server Address (Remote) SIP Server Port (Remote) SIP Server Address (Local) SIP Server Port (Local) - Same as remote Service Domain - Same as SIP Remote server

Zoiper requires the following

User name @PBX/Voip provider Password Host name or Provider name Authentication name (optional) Proxy (optional)

Any help would be much appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment