Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Networking skills for the cloud?? What the heck do I search for!

Hello everyone,

First, I hope you're all safe.. and good job keeping the data flowing through this insanity!

I'm an enterprise type network admin, with about 10 years of industry experience and 10 more years before of regular IT related experience. To give an idea of my skill level, most of my work has been with a university LAN/WAN and other similar infrastructure, and I've stood up a couple BGP routers (with a lot of help from other engineers at partnering organizations). I can code, and if I get in a groove sometimes it's decent code.

The reason I'm posting here, is I'm not sure what I should be looking for? Is there a type of position that would benefit from a decent skill set in networking, and something that would allow growth of a programming skill set?

The end goal is to find a position that is 100% remote, with the ability to take on/schedule work from a pool of uncompleted jobs, and take on as many or few jobs as I like based on my availability. Does this mystical thing exist, and what is it called? I've been searching job sites and I just can't seem to find something to fit!

Thanks for reading, stay safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment