Friday, April 24, 2020

Need help with moving from legacy metro-ethernet to sd-wan

Okay, I need some help with changing my DCs over from Legacy Metro-Ethernet to Hybrid with SD-WAN.

I'm relativity new to SD-WAN, so I have a good idea what I am doing, but not enough for what I am trying to do.

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around exactly what I need to do here. There is a ton of documentation out there about SD-WAN, but not a lot of working examples or working configuration examples to go off of. All I ever find are pictures with no background to them.

I have included 3 attachments:

My Current cEdge config (cleaned) that is an ASR1001X running SD-WAN

A L3 routing diagram of where things are currently connected

A diagram that I found on the internet that is almost exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6t7thbzhbyuvsng/AAD7OTJrD1TQBzv0_l5GC8ANa?dl=0

Currently my cEdge has 3 ports built:

G0/0/0 - VPN0 is direct to the internet

G0/0/1 - VPN1420 that connects directly to my Metro-Ethernet and my legacy sites

G0/0/2 - VPN1420 that connects to the corporate LAN

Right now, I can have a vEdge on the color public-internet and it works great, but I want to bring in SD-WAN into the metro-ethernet, but I can never get away from having a few sites that will always be legacy. Or at least for a few years.

So, I need to add a G0/0/3 - VPN0 that connects back into the LAN and can listen for TLOC from the metro-ethernet.

But this is where I am lost.

The picture I have with the hybrid is close to what I am trying to do, but not exact. On that one, they have VPN0's reversed for what I am trying to do. I already have legacy on G0/0/1.

My thought process here is to add a /30 from G0/0/3 to my switching core network, advertise it in OSPF, so that it will be reachable from anywhere, even my metro-ethernet. Then when I add a SD-WAN site. give it an IP address on the legacy metro-ethernet, and then it should be able to make a connection to the other side because they would be able to find each other and have the same color?

Anyone out there help me out?



No comments:

Post a Comment