Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Microsoft Expressroutes connection maintains after disconnecting from VPN

Hello. Strange network issue I have just noticed that I would like to attempt to solve before I bring it up to management. Any assistance would be appreciated. We have been using MS Teams for some time now. I connect to our VPN - a Palo Alto box - which has a connection out to the internet to our express routes to Microsoft. After work I disconnected my laptop from the VPN. I noticed that I was still getting messages from Teams. I checked my IP. My corporate IP address was gone (tunnel to PA) and my 192.168 local home IP address was all I had. How is this TCP/IP connection being nailed up if my IP address is now gone? I did a netstat to check what I was connected to. As it turns out i was still connected to the Teams 52.170.0.0/18 express routes! What the hell? Can somebody tell me where to start looking to troubleshoot this?



No comments:

Post a Comment