Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Low Wireless Link Speed - Cisco WAP571

Hi Guys,
I have two wireless access points in my workplace, one in the office (Cisco WAP571) and one in the workshop (30 ish meters away, BT Business Hub 6)
the Cisco WAP571 is supposed to support upto 1.3Gb/s with 3x3 Mimo on AC wireless,

the BT Business Hub 6 is only listed as "AC Wireless"

My problem is, on the BH6 I can get upto 1083Mb/s however on the WAP571 the highest it will go is 866Mb/s

Client is a Galaxy Note8 as this is the fastest wireless device I have, in theory this confirms it has at least a 3x3 mimo antenna array

I cannot figure out for the life of me how to push the WAP571 up-to full rate (at least full rate of my client device), we are getting gigabit internet shortly so I'd like as much wireless throughput as possible. (I am aware this basically halves in actual usage, another reason I was the PHY as high as possible)



No comments:

Post a Comment