Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Looking for ideas - BGP Internet Routing

Hi,

I’m a Network Architect with about six years programming experience. I’m currently learning Angular frontend web framework and I have experience with developing backend (API/scripts etc.). My process of learning is to build something useful in parallel to learning the theory.

Anyway, I decided to focus on the theme of BGP/Internet routing/security since it’s a hot topic. I have a few ideas of my own, but I would love to get some suggestions about useful features I can incorporate.

Currently I’ve got: - Summary of current status for a given ASN (including prefixes, advertisement status, neighboring ASNs/upstream providers) - Live/recent BGP events for a given AS or prefixes - Detection/alerting of BGP route hijacking/invalid advertisements and other incidents - Auditing/compliance report, with a focus on security

There are some really good websites out there already, like ripe.net that present extensive information. I’m hoping to obtain suggestions about issues or challenges that are not already covered so I am simply not reinventing the wheel with this project. I would be happy to host the site/solution for others to use, maybe I can solve a problem you have... please let me know.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment