Thursday, April 30, 2020

Juniper Export Policy for advertising both full tables and a default route

I have a customer that has requested we advertise both full tables and a default route via BGP. They are currently receiving full tables.

For most of my BGP connected customers, we don't configure an export policy on their BGP Session which automatically advertises full tables to them. If they request just a default route, I have an export policy that expressly provides them a default route and rejects everything else...

policy-statement bgp-default-route {

term default-route {

from {

route-filter 0.0.0.0/0 exact;

}

then accept;

}

term deny-everything-else {

then reject;

}

}

If I create a new policy similar to the one above, but leave out the last term of deny-everything-else, does this accomplish what I'm looking to do without any side effects?

Since the customer is live and currently receiving full tables, I don't want to make changes that will adversely affect his service.

Any ISPs using Juniper have a working example?

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment