Thursday, April 9, 2020

Internet connection cuts out 30 seconds into an application, browsers work fine, help?

f I attempt to play a game, download something in steam, use discord etc everything will be fine for about 30 seconds then the connection is lost. I can load into a R6 Siege game, get through matchmaking and pick my character in the lobby, but once the actual match starts it disconnects me from the service.

Troubleshooting my windows 10 network status gives "The remote device or resource wont accept the connection," hitting further details gives "The device or resource (WPAD.home) is not set up to accept connections on port 'The World Wide Web service (HTTP)'"

The assumption is its my wifi adapter (Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC) but it worked a week ago? Ive updated every thing I can, windows, drivers, etc, and done every help list I can find. A different motum doesnt change anything, 5g or 2.4g, but ethernet works perfectly

Any help or ideas are appreciated



No comments:

Post a Comment