Saturday, April 11, 2020

HP RGS remote video editing VPN solution

Hey guys,

Are any of you guys managing a VPN so video editors can edit from home on HP's RGS soultion? What is your experience like with dual monitors vs single monitor?

We have a few editors having some problems with lag or pixelations. The internet on both sides is good. The latency and the bandwidth are good.

Our VPN seems good. It gets around 50Mbps per thread. So if I do an SMB speed test I get around 50Mbps. And if I do a FTP transfer across ten threads I get around 300Mbps.

I’m wondering if the single thread way the vpn seems to bottleneck has anything to do with the lag. The editor has 1 gig up and down and so does the office. So it’s not bandwidth.

I can see that the bandwidth uses around 30Mbps per user. So I’m a little hesitant to blame the VPN.

Anyways I just want to know what your guys experience is with RGS?

-MudKing



No comments:

Post a Comment