Friday, April 24, 2020

HP 2920 Redundancy with active/passive WAN links

Greetings! Rented a rack here in town, and fortunate enough to have a lot of time planning for failure now. Bought two HPE Layer 3 switches (HP 2928-48G) that are single PSU so I really have to make these guys failover to each other in case of issues (automatically).

ISP Demarcation are two RJ45s connected to Cisco Nexus 3000s that at any given time hands me a /28-subnet from any of those two RJ45s because they are set up with HSRP and with 1 virtual IP in my subnet.

In a perfect world I would've had enough of a budget to get two switches that can do VRRP but these cant. Refurbished stacking modules and cables cost the same as the switch, so I wonder if I'm really stuck having someone to drive to the DC and replug the "cold" switch in case of failure? 🤔Or do I have any other options?

EDIT: Added network diagram: https://imgur.com/a/3TNumcY



No comments:

Post a Comment