Wednesday, April 22, 2020

How does everyone label their cables in the data centre?

Hi All,

Due to the ongoing pandemic, I've found time to look at such exciting things as my company's naming conventions for cables. I've been wanting to change way we label/name cables in our data centres for a while as currently it's a bit of a mess.

I'm curious to see how other organisations go about it. Looking online there are of course ISO standards for such things notably ISO 14763-2 I think (there is an ANSI equivalent TIA-606-C but me being based in Europe I'm hesitant to use an American standard). Has anyone had experience with these, are they worth implementing? The ISO standard is behind a pay wall and I don't think I'm quite at the stage yet where I'd consider buying it.

I'm curious to know people's thoughts, any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment