Friday, April 3, 2020

How do I simulate 10k users's bandwidth? Details inside...

We are seeing daily latency and jitter spikes lasting ~ 45 minutes, starting at 1:00 PM. This coincidences directly with most of our staff watching a youtube stream of our provincial health authorities' daily briefing live stream.

Every day at 1:00 PM, thousands of users start watching this live stream; it works fine; however, microsoft teams and avaya are both having serious issues due to latancy and jitter spikes.

In addition to other leads we are chasing down, I have been asked to try to simulate that kind of load on our network so that we can gather diagnostic data in the middle of the night, rather than at 1:00 PM.

I need to simulate ~ 10-15k users all watching the same youtube stream... Any thoughts on how to get this done?

I'm not asking for free or even cheap; I'm simply looking for tools that can help me get this done; FOSS is better, but we can buy enterprise tools if needed, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment