Thursday, April 2, 2020

First job as a network engineer

Did anybody else feel lost and completely dumb as their first time as a network engineer? I had several years Service Desk and NOC experience doing more basic troubleshooting. All with the same company. I got my CCNA and got a job with a new company at the end of February. I trained for a month on day shift and now I'm on night shift. I feel dumber than I have ever felt before. It feels like none of my textbook knowledge is helping all that much. Sure I know the commands and how the stuff works but with all these incidents being unique I'm not even sure where to begin troubleshooting with a lot of them. It definitely has a lot to do with learning a new infrastructure but part of me can't help but feel that isn't all there is to it. I constantly am having to wait until morning to ask a coworker about the 1 or 2 incidents that pop up over night that I have no idea how to even begin troubleshooting. I was just wondering if this struggle is normal in the beginning?



No comments:

Post a Comment