Tuesday, April 14, 2020

errdisable recovery cause small-frame??

Howdy,

I have come across an old 2960 switch with an additional command 'errdisable recovery cause small-frame' configured globally for the default user ports. I have never seen this command before and went to research it to find it doesn't seem to be very threatening.

CISCO

You globally enable the small-frame arrival feature on the switch and then configure the small-frame threshold for packets on each interface. Packets smaller than the minimum size and arriving at a specified rate (the threshold) are dropped since the port is error disabled.

I was wondering if anyone had any real work examples of why this would be used? Because my gut it telling me to remove it from our Template for next tech refresh.



No comments:

Post a Comment