Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Cradlepoint on a pre-paid SIM?

We have a Cradlepoint AER1600 inbound via FedEx, should hit my loading dock in a few hours.

Working for a large company we have purchasing rules, regulation, and procedures for everything, and it's all bound in Red-tape. Enter COVID-19 and stuff grinds to a halt while everyone figures out how to do there job.

IE, I can't get a SIM card thru our regular channels for a few weeks, but I need this cradlepoint functional this week, or it will cost our company a major contract.

Is there any Prepaid SIM card I could just buy and put in a Cradlepoint and have it work? (I know it has to be a 2FF size SIM). Searching the sub, I see people mention T Mobile, but when I contacted them (Doing business as Simple Mobile?) the say they do not allow this. I tried a few others, same answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment