Thursday, April 2, 2020

Business owner with a couple questions regarding virtual PBX systems.

Hello! My wife and I own a business and I moved everyone to working remotely weeks ago. Our employees (and us) are connecting to our office using RDP over a VPN connection.

That's all working fine, however my solution for the phones was much less elegant. I just forwarded our main office line to a Google Voice line. It's working fine, however my wife and I cannot handle the call volume on one line, so I've started looking into some of these virtual or "cloud" PBX systems.

My main question is, does it simultaneously ring for all users, like a normal PBX system would? That's really the only feature we need this for, but I can't find much info on it. That's tells me it's either not offered, or so standard that it's not even listed, haha. I'm not familiar enough with the technology to know what to look for.

Secondly, any recommendations? We need something with a desktop application, rather than just a mobile app like Grasshopper. Like I said, the only other real feature we need is for it to ring on all endpoints so that any one of our employees can answer it.

Hopefully this made sense.



No comments:

Post a Comment