Wednesday, April 8, 2020

6 Users, 40+ Devices, 1 Annoyed Dad.

Hey, so I've just been getting REALLY frustrated lated with the limitations of my router. As the title says, I have 6 Users (including me) and have a ton of devices that are connected to my router via WiFi. The router isn't in the best location in the house, it can't reach the opposite end of the house's 2nd floor efficiently due to walls and stuff. The signal is VERY weak in that one room. Constant disconnects and unable to see/connect to the wifi point at times. Also, 1 device seems to be hogging up the majority of the bandwidth, a PC connected via ethernet.

With all that said, I'm looking for a mesh wifi system, or even a singular wireless router that will provide good coverage of 2,500 sq.ft. , that allows me to control/set bandwidth limitations per device, WITHOUT some kind of subscription. All this subscription based shit just blows my mind and there are limits to subscriptions I'm willing to pay for.



No comments:

Post a Comment