Thursday, March 26, 2020

What network automation tools did you build and which framework did you use?

As the title says. Recently started using netmiko and ansible. And currently learning Nornir. A few questions and ideas I have if you guys don't mind:

  1. Which framework do you prefer and why
  2. Do you have a menu of sorts in Python where you choose what script you want to run? Or are all your scripts in separate folders (and in git)?)
  3. Which framework do you use for which tasks?
  4. What's the most complex automation you've built and which tool did you use?

I like Ansible for "show" commands and to push configs but I ran into problems with Ansible version that changes and then breaks my playbooks. Also it's not smart to where you can do lots of "if this then that then check this etc" logic.

Studying Nornir now. I've heard it's way more versatile.

Gracias



No comments:

Post a Comment