Saturday, March 7, 2020

Want to create a geographical map of our network

Hi! So I've worked at a NOC for about a year now, and we've got some input from our sellers and some customers that our alarm overview is pretty ugly.

We're using something called spectrum, and just output the minor/major/critical alarms on a wall with four TV-screens. Now someone mentioned that I could use something called Cacti to get info via. SNMP, and place a switch or router where it physically reside on a geographic map.

I think that sounds pretty cool and been reading a bit how to configure Cacti and the weather map plugin, but having some thoughts if this is actually the solution I want since I can't find any examples that reflect something that I've described above.

Could someone help me point me in the right direction?



No comments:

Post a Comment