Friday, March 20, 2020

SonicWall SSLVPN DHCP Range Explanation?

So I've set up a couple of L2TP VPNs in the past along and seen a ton of PPTP ones working (Ive gotten rid of all of them by now). On these configs, I've always seen and set up the DHCP range for the SSLVPN clients to be the same as whatever network they are remoting into. So if when they are on the LAN their Subnet is 192.168.0.0/24 I'll give them an address in that subnet. I set SSLVPN up the same way and, though clients could connect, many times they would stop being able to connect randomly and come back. After a lot of banging my head against this and giving Sonicwwall a call they told me the DHCP Range is supposed to be on a different network, for example 192.168.100.0/24 but I don't completely understand why. The VPN is working now but it makes no sense.

Could anyone explain?



No comments:

Post a Comment