Thursday, March 26, 2020

SNMP-acces problem

Hello all

I am very new to networking but I am willing to learn about stuff and look things up. But I couldn't find the solution to this problem.

Goal:I want to monitor my PCs network usage. But I want to do it with a program on another computer, with the "PTRG Network Monitor". (My PC runs Windows 10 Pro and the monitoring PC uses Windows Server 2016 Datacenter)

What I did/know so far:After a bit of looking around and reading the manual. I see I need to add a "device" so I can link my PC to the software (not sure how relevant this is). I added a "sensor" that pings my PC to see if it is online and a HTTP one. They both work.

But than I wanted to get a networking sensor (and later other sensors like CPU-usage). I did not know how this would work so I just tried it. It said it needed SNMP-acces. After reading some things about it and flowing a few tutorials. I added the feature (it is not stranded on WIndows 10). I checked it and it is listed in the features list.

But I read i multiple sites I need to turn the feature on (using Control Panel > Programs and then clicking on Turn Windows features on or off). But I can't find it in there.

When I go to services, I can see it and is says it is running. I set it up so it gives all types of data and added the IP of the computer with the monitoring software.

But is doesn't work.

Any ideas what I forgot? A guide to follow? Or just the sollution?

Thanks in advance!

Greeting GreenVirusRed



No comments:

Post a Comment