Saturday, March 14, 2020

Setting VLANs on new Watchguard Firebox.. this is weird

So today I'm attempting to put into production a new Firebox M370 so replace our very EOL Cyberoam device. The very first road block I'm hitting is with creating VLAN interfaces. I'm used to Cisco and Fortigate having sub-interfaces. I have 1 Trusted/LAN interface that should include 5 VLAN's for internal routing. But the guides seems to suggest that I change the Interface Type to VLAN.. but I feel like this will break the fact that it's a trusted interface and I'd love my ability to manage the device.

Should I enable a 3rd interface and use it solely for VLAN's? Then do I cable that new VLAN interface which will result in basically two LAN interfaces...?

have not yet found a guide/instructions/video on VLAN's for a LAN interface...

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment