Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Quick Sanity Check - Cisco Stacking

Hello All,

I'm new to environments with Cisco switch stacking so I'd like a confirmation before I propose a change/upgrade. Any help is appreciated!

Currently we have an IDF with 5 Cisco 2960X-24PS-L switches and we need to add a 6th. Our current setup is one up-link per switch to our core, 2x Cisco 3850-24T-S in a stacking configuration. We do not have any spare SFP ports on our 2x 3850-24T-S available. My proposal instead of adding an additional 3850 family switch would be to add all 6 switches into a stacking configuration to add redundancy and up-link capacity. My idea is the following;

Place the IDF switch ports GigE 0/25, 2/25, 3/25, and 5/25 in a LACP group that would trunk back to the Core

Place the Core switch ports GigE0/1/1, 0/1/2, 1/1/1, and 1/1/2 in a LACP group as well.

Would this work and is it supported? Diagram below.

https://i.imgur.com/8Uzdfkw.png



No comments:

Post a Comment