Wednesday, March 25, 2020

QoS Shaping for dynamic bandwidth percentage?

Hello,

I'm working on a new QoS solution for our, well, nonexistant one. I have been given the decree to have a dynamic 40% of our bandwidth set for our voice and meeting traffic. As in, they want to have 40% reserved for this traffic but if we're not using all of it, some of it can be reclaimed by other, lower priority traffic. We currently have catalyst 9500s at the core and 9300s on our access layer.

I was going to set up traffic shaping, but I know that I can't use the priority command with shaping. Does the priority percent command make it dynamic, or should I set up traffic shaping? I don't want to touch policing right now. We have 2 500M circuits going out to the internet so bandwidth should not be too much of an issue.

Here is what I have so far:

class-map match-any zoom_qos

match ip dscp cs7 cs5

policy-map zoom_qos_policy

class zoom_qos

shape average percent 30

class class-default

bandwidth remaining percent 20



No comments:

Post a Comment